Followers

Monday 16 March 2015

Under the Sea - Chunky book swap.....

My favourite time of year in crafting is here , CHUNKY BOOK SWAP time..... and Aussie Crafters do the best ones...
Last year I did my very first chunky swap and I have been addicted ever since.

https://www.facebook.com/events/417179248464533/?ref=4

 
I was that excited about joining the swap I made enough for 2 books, and I'm so glad I did as they are fantastic little collections of art by very crafty people.
The Theme for this swap was RAINBOW and wow rainbow they were.
 Each person in the swap was given colour to create with and to make their 7-9 double sided pages.
This is what we all ended up with after the swap ( I got 2 books) lucky me!!! ;) and what my pages looked liked back and front
 


 
These are fantastic ways of creating and the chunkier the better, some of the pages in the books are mind blowing, some had hidden chambers in them, which contained a necklace and charms and trinkets and things that popped out, one even had a roll of washi tape attached.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So this year we are hoping at Aussie Crafters to do at least 3 - 4 chunky's a year, and with having a fantastic creative bunch of crafters I think they will be even more amazing this time round.
 
So our first chunky for 2015 is themed "UNDER THE SEA"
It is a 10 x 15cm landscape page,
 always made on a good firm cardstock
 500gsm + (chipboard, grungeboard, mounting board & project card. )
 
I've gone all out this swap and made a water shaker or Gel card.
 
 
 
 On my front page I have made my water/ gel page.
Using * a small plastic bag
*good strong adhesive tape
* Hair gel
* Chunky light blue glitter
*cardstock to make the frame over the bag to conceal its edges 
* Tim Holtz Distress ink - Salty Ocean
* Stampendous - embossing enamel
- aged green and aged marine
* Bubble bling
* Designs by Ryn - stamp, Textures 
 * Lawn Fawn stamp set - Critters in the Sea.
 
 
 
 
 
On the back page I have covered it with 
* Elizabeth Craft Design - light blue velvet adhesive paper
* Hand drawn on some bubbles and my words
" UNDER THE SEA"
* Cut out 2 clam shapes out of heavy cardstock then embossed both pieces one side with
* Stampendous - embossing enamel
- aged rose and shabby green
Joined the clams together, gluing a piece of satin ribbon.
* added some charms and trinkets
then glued into place on page  and added a blue glass pebble to embellish the page more.
 
Inspiration from my talented design team
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This link below is a video I have made showing you my chunky page and a chat about what a chunky page swap is .
It is my first video so please bear with me as I learn.. I do hope though that you enjoy it and understand what a chunky swap is .
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
 now I have my completed Chunky page
and when I join in the swap with Aussie crafters I have to replicate this page 7-9 times depending on the sign up number, so that I will then get a completed book back after the swap with everyone's under the sea themed chunky page in it.
 
I hope you are inspired to create something wonderful and be apart of owning your very own chunky book.
 
 
and info
 
Pop over to Aussie Crafters and join if you haven't already,
our amazing group and join in with all the fun and crafty events we have happening..
 
HAPPY CRAFTING
Hugs xx
Kristyn -DT @Aussie Crafters  
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanku for popping by. Hope you enjoy reading my blog and share plz with your friends .
hugs Kristyn xx