Followers

Monday 12 January 2015

Aussie Crafters - January - Aussie day challenge

Welcome crafty people to 2015

I'm excited to announce my new role with Aussie Crafters as design inspiration team leader, I'm very excited to meet all you crafty people and get you all inspired to create beautiful goodies.

To start the year we have a great challenge over at Aussie crafters to get the creative juices flowing.
January "off the page" Australia Day challenge.
Challenge rules - Think out of the box and make something decorative, use a recycled item and must also include an Australian flag.
Ideas for your recycled item - thongs , cereal box , coat hanger, beer bottle or can, fly swat , old hat, stubby cooler or even a esky .. The list is endless . Get creative . 

Sponsor:  Melissa Holland CTMH – Paper pack, Ink and Stamp set to a random entrant!


I've design a piece for my front door that's hopefully going to make you go 'wow!' And maybe get you to use items you have already in your stash or laying around the house.

With this challenge I'm hoping that you will all step out of your normal craft and challenge yourself to try something completely different.

When I was preparing for this challenge I thought what could be more Aussie then a pair of thongs, and then the colours I thought maybe green and gold , but then decided I like red, white and blue and I had a pair of spare thongs that were white so went with those colours.

Then when I thought about images and design, why not go with a fantastic Aussie stamp company - make it crafty, they have fantastic Aussie themed stamps that are perfect for a project for Australia Day .





And by simply changing the colours when colouring, the stamps could be used for any other projects you make in the future. ( I recently used these stamps in a Christmas card and turning the Aussie guy into a Aussie Santa ..
http://www.makeitcrafty.com/

Well hopefully I have got you inspired to join in the fun at AussieCrafters and give it a go to make a fun off the page piece that you can display on Australia Day
http://www.aussiecrafters.com.au/

Plz click on the links to Aussie crafters and join in the fun
And if you like the make it crafty stamps pop over and check them out .









Materials list -
1 pair of cheap thongs
Cardboard from a box to back piece and make into one whole piece
Floral foam to arrange flowers in
A mix of  paper flowers
Coloured skeleton leaves
Make it crafty stamps
- http://www.makeitcrafty.com/aussie-santa-digi-stamp.html
- http://www.makeitcrafty.com/outback-dunny-road-digi-stamp.html
- http://www.makeitcrafty.com/outback-shack-scene-digi-stamp.html
Aussie guy coloured with polycrohromos pencils and blended with gamsol
Background stamp painted with my children's water colour paint set
Stamped images Adhered to thongs with gel medium
Butterfly embellishment
Aussie flag toothpick
Chain
2mm craft balsa wood squares (scrap from a past project)
Letter stamps - stamped with memento - tuxedo black
Ribbon and ribbon mesh
all supplies needed that were not in my stash were bought from my favourite  Australian store https://www.facebook.com/AuzzTrinkletsnKrafts?ref=stream&fref=nf



Thanks for checking out my blog and hope to see you over at Aussie crafters

Hugs xx Kristyn DITL- Aussie crafters







Challenge entered

MIC - Water colour Challenge
http://www.makeitcrafty.com/index.php?dispatch=image_gallery.display_gallery&gallery_id=33



2 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing Kristyn love all the Aussie stuff 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanku michelle . thanku for popping by and leaving a comment :)xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanku for popping by. Hope you enjoy reading my blog and share plz with your friends .
hugs Kristyn xx